As an online merchant, selling on comprehensive online marketplaces needs to be very agile and flexible nowadays. As a merchant, we all are very keen to earn huge revenue by selling in more than one region. In the same vein of online selling, sellers are picking up the very trending Magento multichannel selling integration extensions to power up their stores. But, the online selling through Magento issues and queries are always there to welcome you on-board. This blog is coating up with the ten most common challenges that every Magento seller faces while selling online. Let’s focus on the below-mentioned eCommerce challenges that are reflecting globally. Hence, deploy it to avoid marketplace issues and Magento issues.
10 global eCommerce challenges Every Magento Seller Face
- The Hassles of Setting Up Seller Account on Different Marketplaces
- The Process of Uploading Products in Bulk
- Mapping Multiple Attributes for Products
- Cron Issues on Various Servers
- Product Listing and Ranking Issues
- Correct Product Attribute and Category Issues
- Product Data Syncing Issues like inventory, price, and product description
- Issues of Centralized and organized order management
- Authorization process of different marketplaces
- Multichannel selling on 3P marketplaces
-The hassles of setting up seller Account on different marketplaces
Before selling on any marketplace, you need to set-up a seller’s account in multiple regions to proceed further. Though, account set-up procedures are not similar for each one. You might be required to fulfill the technical and other requirements to complete the set-up procedure on the respective marketplaces.
To set-up a seller account on the marketplace, you should have;
- A strong hosting
- A purchased domain
- Nicely designed website/online store
- Optimized and uploaded products on store/website
- You need to fully comply with all the policies provided by the marketplace,
- All the marketplace API must be working properly prior to set up. It helps to avoid marketplace issues.
- Sandbox and production API must be working properly.
- In website configuration, the setup must be broken free.
- Top multichannel integration extensions to integrate your online store with marketplaces.
For complete details – do visit the marketplaces to get the full details on how to set-up a seller account on the global online channels hassle-free.
-The process of uploading products in bulk
- Attribute mapping issue
- Wrong barcode/ASIN
- Throttle issue – restrictions on uploading a maximum number of products
Uploading the products with the correct attributes, Id, and data is as important as setting your eCommerce store’s overall goal.
What To Do
Get sorted with the prerequisites before proceeding onto the new products upload in bulk and updating the existing one.
- Stock: quantity of your stock
- Price: amount/rate that your customer will pay
- Category: Category of products
- SKU: product SKU uniquely identifies your product
- Active product status: If ‘yes’, this product will appear on your website. If ‘no’, this will be hidden.
- Product Identifier: product item; e.g. iPhone/Samsung. This field is mandatory, you can not leave it blank while uploading products must have a unique identifier with them like ASIN, UPC, EAN, etc.
These are a few things that should be taken care of while operating online on global online selling giants.
-Mapping multiple attributes for products
Attribute mapping is the process of making your store product features compatible with the attributes of the respective marketplace. Below are the mentioned required missing attributes that interrupt your online procedures.
- Invalid values for the specific attributes
- Required fields mapping is not correct.
- Not separating the categories and subcategories with a forward slash
- The issue in catalog visibility, etc.
On the way to map it correctly, few prerequisites should be taken to get it sorted and efficient as per the different marketplace limitations.
- SKU: It causes import to fail if it’s longer than 64 characters for some marketplaces, however, it differs from one marketplace to another.
- Visibility of the product: The product should be visible in the catalog and available for search.
- Product Type: Product type should be indicated as virtual, configurable, grouped, and simple.
- Product Name: The name of the product that the customer uses it to identify.
- Product Description:It provides detailed information about the product.
- Meta Title: It appears in the title bar, browser tab, and search result lists.
- Meta Description: Ideally, it should be between 150-160 characters. It provides a brief overview of the product.
- Keywords: It is visible only to the search engines. Use high-value keywords to rank it faster.
-Cron Issues on Various Servers
Cron is responsible for syncing the inventory, pricing, orders, etc., properly. Without making the syncing smooth and compatible, it’s not possible to operate online successfully.
To fix these cron issues, you should have a highly compatible server, timely execution, strong error-free codes, etc. With the help of this scheduler, you can set up and run cron jobs easily on any scheduled period of time. It automatically triggers the actions which save a lot of time for store admin when it confronts the multiple cron tasks.
-Product listing and ranking issues
Proper product listing and its ranking is responsible for all the sales numbers at marketplaces. For smooth running and to avoid lags, you have to go through the below-mentioned details to get this done smoothly. These are the some which contribute to creating the online marketplace issues.
- Product title
- Product description
- Product weight
- Product size
- Product key features
- Proper attribute mapping
- Product categories
Last but not the least, all the given optional fields in the listing section should be filled correctly to make the overall ranking better and optimized. Hence, listing and ranking issues are one of the major eCommerce challenges and Magento issues faced by online sellers.
Get the full-fledged guide on the product listing and ranking it better
-Correct product attribute and category issue
The product attributes define the relevant and crucial facts about the product. It includes things such as size, color, type, style, etc. Sometimes it creates issues while the execution. The issue with non-compatible or unmatched attribute and category issues is one of them. Product categories and their attributes should be similar at both the Magento stores and respective marketplace. It must include the essential details of the product.
Most common issues that every seller face, such as;
- Improper formatting
- Missing data
- Attribute incompatibility (if a product does not match the category then the marketplace will disapprove of the product).
Invalid data, etc.
-Product Data Syncing Issues like inventory, price, and product description
Sometimes the data and inventory price do not sync properly then the merchant gets themselves in a condition of overselling or underselling. As a seller, you have to prevent this from happening again and again. Product syncing should be accurate, without any lag and mismatch. Issues facing in the segment of major eCommerce challenges, are invalid data, order mismatching or not updating correctly, incorrect product description, etc. To get a solution to eCommerce challenges, just opt for the Magento Multichannel Integration Extensions which provides all the required marketplace selling features. So, in the same vein of expanding your online business operation, a flawless syncing of stock would make your product visibility higher on all sales platforms.
-Issues of Centralized and organized order management
Online selling on multiple marketplaces through your Magento store should be centralized and well managed. Most of the time, it is not easy to sell and manage multiple channels via a single online store.
To figure it out smoothly, you can opt for the Magento multichannel selling integration extension, making your online selling optimized. If a merchant is selling in more than one marketplace then it is very hectic to manage from each marketplace panel. So, we are providing a common interface to manage all orders and listings.
-Authorization process of different marketplaces
One of the most important steps to set-up marketplace integration is that, if we do not follow the proper process, our integration will never work. Authorization is simply to authenticate the online sellings and updates. The mismatch of authorization keys and the issue in generating the access token are the ones that every seller needs to get rid of.
Get the global marketplaces full authorization process here-
- Amazon Marketplace Authorization
- Ebay Marketplace Authorization
- Walmart Marketplace Authorization
- Etsy Marketplace Authorization
- Wish Marketplace Authorization
- Cdiscount Authorization
-Multichannel Selling on 3P Marketplace Issues
Selling parallel on multiple marketplaces is not easy all the time. eCommerce challenges that sellers usually face while selling on various marketplaces are related to inventory, pricing, order updation, attribute mapping, etc. There are hefty multichannel marketplace selling and integration tools to solve your Magento issues and make it smooth and hassle-free. So, just turn to it and get off from the risk of losing customers, orders, and market. Although, selling on 3P marketplaces requires some basic things to consider before proceeding with it. It prevents you selling online without any marketplace issues.
- A well-described keyword-based product features and description
- Competitive product pricing along with flexible offerings
- Proper following of marketplace product uploading guidelines to avoid errors while uploading
- A diversified shipping strategy according to the selling regions
- 24×7 Availability of inventory and updations
- An automated centralized selling console to manage it efficiently
- Get Sorted with The Multichannel Integration Solutions
Why not switch to multi-channel platforms, but you are already there then get the integration tools to jack up all your trades and issues efficiently?. One of the Deloitte Tech Fast50, Cedcommerce has developed the best-selling multichannel integrations to get rid of the technical issues that every seller faces at a regular interval. By integrating your store with one of the market best integrations, you will be able to run with the additional features mentioned below;
- Order-auto acknowledgment features
- New order notifications
- Low stock notifications
- Auto-shipment of orders
- Magento order creation
- Bulk product uploads
- Real-time order fetching
- Real-time synchronization and multi-account support will be an added benefit to your store.
The above-mentioned features will help you to make your online selling easy without facing marketplace and Magento issues.
Accordingly, a seller goes through the common eCommerce challenges that affect the overall business to a great extent. In the same vein, the top-notch market leading Magento multichannel integration extensions have been developed by one of the most innovative eCommerce giants, Cedcommerce, to cater to the same. Just don’t wait for the steps to turn up. Get the market’s best multichannel selling integration, and start integrating with the shoppers directly.
I hope the above mentioned well-researched Magento marketplace selling challenges will help you to understand the exact marketplace issues faced by the visitors so far. Do leave your queries below in the comment box for more detailed interaction with our eCommerce experts.
The post 10 eCommerce Challenges Magento Sellers Face While Selling online appeared first on CedCommerce Blog.