We can all agree that 2020 has been a roller coaster ride since the start. Be it wildfires, COVID-19or the major Google free listing update. And with updates comes confusion and questions. Questions like does Google free listing means no Google Shopping Actions commissions? How does Google free listing affect the Shopping Actions listings? And so on and so forth. So let’s clear the air with these FAQs about Google Shopping Actions.
What is Google Shopping Actions?
In the year 2013, Google launched its marketplace called Google Express and in the year 2018 Google Shopping Actions was launched. Google Shopping Actions is a program in the Merchant Center that lets you list on the marketplace. In late 2019, Google eliminated the term Google Express and the Google Shopping Actions became the marketplace where you can list your products for free.
What is the eligibility for the Google Shopping Actions?
To be able to list your products on Google Shopping Actions, you require two things essentially: Merchant Center account and an error-free product feed(your product details arranged in a way Google understands).
Eligibility criteria:(for the US)
- You must be able to deliver your products in the US, handle returns within the US, and be a legally registered business incorporated in one of the countries supported by Shopping Actions. You must accept payments using a US bank account. Now you can accept payments with your PayPal account.
- Your inventory should be free of the prohibited products.
- You must comply with returns and customer support standards and policies.
- A valid government-issued ID. eg: driver’s licence or passport.
Eligibility criteria (for France):
- You must be able to deliver your products in France, handle returns within France, and be a legally registered business incorporated in one of the countries supported by Shopping Actions. You must accept payments using a France bank account.
- Meet the data quality test.
- Meet all the returns, refunds and delivery requirements.
- Compliance with Shopping Actions policies.
How is Shopping Actions beneficial to me?
Shopping Actions is packed with everything you need to skyrocket your eCommerce business.
- Getting your products on Shopping Actions means you give your products a global platform with an abundance of high buying intent customers. And with 3.5 billion searches happening every day on Google Search guarantees a boost to your business.
- There are absolutely no seller fees and listing your products on Shopping Actions is free. However, there are Google Shopping Actions commissions, where you pay when you make a sale.
- The one prevalent thing with the modern-day shoppers is the ease while shopping. With the ease of shopping comes loyalty. Google Shopping Actions takes care of just that. With same-day and free delivery, shoppers are inclined to shop more on Google Shopping and this, in turn, will increase your sales.
- When you start to sell on Google Shopping, your brand visibility grows as your Google Shopping stores will have your own logo.
- You get to sell amongst the giants such as Target and Costco that give you a competitive environment, which is an important ingredient for success.
Is Google Shopping Actions Free?
Yes, listing your products on Google Shopping Actions is absolutely free. However, Shopping Actions is based on the pay per model where you will pay every time you make a sale.
Are Shopping Actions more useful than Ads?
Shopping Actions is as beneficial as Shopping Ads because:
- Shopping Actions is based on a pay per sale model. I.e., you pay when you make a sale.
- You get to keep customer data such as their email addresses that you can later use for your email marketing campaigns. Also, different studies have shown that email marketing has accounted for upto 25% of the ROAS.
- Shopping Actions offer loyalty programs to sellers, in which they are rewarded by Shopping Actions buy box wins and commission discounts! Shopping Actions manages all your customer support requests without you having to worry about it.
Do people get lots of orders on Shopping Actions?
Approximately 40% of global users say they use Google to find the best deal which means your products get the exposure to this 40% of high buying intent users. Moreover, many retailers on Shopping Actions reported a 33% GMV growth.
How do I set up Google Shopping Actions?
Before you set up you would require a Merchant Center account and a product feed. Additionally, you will require:
- Your branding assets
- Taxing and shipping details
- Return details
- Establish user roles
- Banking information
- Tax ID
Upon logging into your Merchant Center account, you can easily navigate to Merchant Programs in the left-hand navigation panel. Apply to the “Shopping Actions” program, where you will fill out all the above information and upload your product feed. And voila your store is live!
Best product categories to sell on Shopping Actions?
Any product category performs best on Shopping Actions but considering the current pandemic, these product categories are doing well:
- Disposable gloves
- Bread machines
- Cough medicines
- Rice & dried grains
- Packaged foods
- Fruit cup
- Milk and creams
- Dishwashing supplies
- Toilet paper
- Fitness goods
- Dog food
- Pain relievers
What are the commission rates for Shopping Actions?
Commission rates are usually between 5 to 15% and depend upon different product categories. Here is a list of the commission rates according to the product categories.
Does Google free listing mean no Google Shopping Actions commission?
No, Google free listing comes under a different program in the Merchant Center. The program in question right now is Surfaces across Google which is a totally free program that now lets you list your product organically on Google Shopping.
On the other hand, Google Shopping Actions commissions rates haven’t been removed.
Are there any third-party tools for product feed?
An essential aspect of selling on Google Shopping is nailing the product feed because if you mess this up, your products will be rejected. In order to make sure that you get it right and there is no error, you can use the third-party tools which not only offer an error-free product feed but also provides bulk uploads, inventory synchronization, category mapping, order management and much more.
Wherever you are, WooCommerce, MagentoBigCommerce, Shopify or Opencartwe have an integration for you! Check it out. Now list your products on Google Shopping through WooCommerce Google Product feed integration, BigCommerce Google Shopping integration and Shopify Google Shopping & Google Ads app is absolutely free.
How are orders fulfilled?
Merchants are responsible for the fulfilment. Here is a list of carriers supported by Google Shopping Actions:
What is the average GMV with Shopping Actions?
Google itself reported upto 30% GMV growth for most of the merchants on the Shopping Actions program. Combining Shopping Actions with our integration, some retailers even saw a mind-blowing 500% GMV growth. Which is something you can achieve too!
Note: GMV- Gross Merchandise Value, defined as the total value of goods sold.
There you have it, all FAQs about Google Shopping Actions. If you have any further queries about Google Shopping Actions, please feel free to ask them in the comment section below.
So if you are an Indian seller, US seller or a Canadian seller, you can join the Shopping Actions program today, which is backed up with CedCommerce guarantee since we are an official partner of Google Shopping Actions. Experience our award-winning services!
The post Google free listing means no Google Shopping Actions commission?| 10+ FAQs: Shopping Actions appeared first on CedCommerce Blog.