With 2.80 billion monthly active users on Facebook, it has acquired a significant part of people’s lives. Having said that, with the introduction of Facebook ads, it has now become effortless for you to get your products across the right segment of audiences. But how can you make the most out of it?
To use Facebook ads to your benefit, it’s essential to have in-depth knowledge about its features, types of Facebook ads, benefits, and working. So, explore this guide to have a plethora of information about Facebook ads.
- All you need to know about Facebook ads
- What should be your objective while advertising on Facebook?
- What are the types of Facebook ads?
- How can you set up Facebook ads?
- What you should keep in mind while creating Facebook ads?
- Grow your business with Facebook ads
All you have to know about Facebook ads
Facebook ads are now one of the most effective tools to grow your business, create a loyal customer base, and generate leads and sales. The ads offer eCommerce retailers like you extensive targeting options. Now, you can reach your potential customers not only through location, gender, and age but by interests, behaviors, life events, and much more. Also, you can promote your products and services by using Facebook advertising tools: from text posts, photos, videos, etc.
When you advertise on Facebook, you can choose to place your ads in the following areas. There are the following ad placement options. Let’s explore them one by one:
- The Facebook Newsfeed (desktop view): Your ads appear in the desktop News Feed for people accessing Facebook on their computers.
- Facebook Newsfeed (mobile view): The ads also appear in the mobile news feed for people using Facebook on mobile or accessing the Facebook website through a browser.
- Facebook right column ad: Your ads appear in the mini-bar of the right column of the news feed on a computer.
- The audience network: The audience network is based on your Friend’s preferences. The Facebook algorithm keeps track of the user’s activity and displays the results accordingly.
- Messenger ads: Sometimes, you can see that your ads also appear on the home screen of Messenger. Thus improving the product visibility across the platform through ads.
Displaying your Facebook ads in these placements helps you to reach your target audience and grow your brand visibility across the surfaces.
When should you advertise on Facebook?
Facebook ads help you enhance your business reach by getting you through a likewise audience. But deciding when to advertise and what types of Facebook ads are effective can help you grow your business. So, let’s know the appropriate time when you should advertise on Facebook:
- Use Facebook ads to break into a new market. Launch a product and increase your exposure with the help of ads.
- Most businesses have a Facebook page where they showcase their products to customers. Through Facebook ads, you can have new customers come to your Shop and thus increasing your brand awareness.
- Amplify your product reach with Facebook ads. Because of ads, you will be able to attain more leads. Thus, making it easier to scale your business.
- Have direct interactions with your customers to build your brand image and enhance your customer loyalty through ads.
- Get to know more about your customer’s behavior and interactions through Facebook insights.
What should be your objective while advertising on Facebook?
Before creating an ad, you need to consider what your business goals are. It is essential to know what you want to achieve in order to choose the right objective. An ad objective is what you want people to do when they see your ads.
Take this as an example; you can boost your Facebook business page in order to increase the visibility of your products and services on your Facebook page. OR you can create ads that encourage people to visit your website. Dive down to know the major three categories that your objectives may fall under.
The ads that aim at providing information about the product or services come under ‘Awareness.’
For example, you are about to launch your new business on Facebook & Instagram; you can take advantage of the awareness objective to increase your brand presence in the market and explain to the audience what makes your business valuable. Some of the objective under Awareness are:
- Brand awareness: Increase your business presence by letting people know more about your products and services or brand.
- Improve reach: Showcase your product to a larger set of audiences and improve your product reach.
The consideration stage ads aim at encouraging people to think more about your business and seek more information about your products.
Take it as an example; You can use Facebook ads to tell stories about your brand and grab your audience’s attention by showing your brand’s unique features. Some of the primary objective in Consideration type of ads are:
- Traffic: Drive traffic to your Shop, or a website with the help of ads.
- Engagement: Reach people who are more likely to be interested in your products.
- Lead generation: Create ads that collect information like their name, phone number, email id from people interested in your product and services.
- Messages: Connect with more people, communicate with your existing customers through messages.
The ads that encourage people to take a specific action, such as adding the products to a cart, making a purchase, registering to your site, providing their contact information, comes under the category of Conversion ads. These types of ads appear with the CTA button like “Shop Now” “Buy Now.” Some of the types of conversion ads are:
- Catalog sales: Show products from your eCommerce store to your Facebook Shop and generate sales.
- Store traffic: Promote your business via location so that locals can see your products.
What are the types of Facebook ads?
With the online business continuously evolving, now retailers and advertisers gain more opportunities to retarget their customers through ads. However, with so many different options available, it can be difficult for you to figure out the type of Facebook ad is effective for their business. So, explore the types of ads one by one:
- Image ads: From driving visitors to your website to a quick creation process, image ads are right up your alley. These are the most common types of ads. You can use the image ads to show off your product, service, or brand.
- Video ads: The video ads help educate your audience more about your product features using a video. Video ads can run down in your Facebook newsfeed, Facebook stories or can appear as in-stream ads in Facebook videos.
- Carousel ads: A carousel ad uses a group of images. You can add up to 10 images or videos to showcase your product. You can use this format to highlight the benefits of your product or showcase different products in a single ad.
- Poll ads: The Poll is a mobile-friendly ad that sparks a conversation by adding a two-option poll to an image or video ad.
- Lead ads: Lead ads make it easy for people to provide their contact information through a form. These types of ads are great for collecting information about user’s preferences, subscriptions or allowing people to gather more information from you.
- Dynamic ads: Dynamic ads allow you to promote your products to the targeted customers that are most likely to be interested in them. For instance, a person added a product to their shopping cart but did not make a purchase. Through dynamic ads, you can advertise your products to that specific person in their Facebook feed.
How can you set up Facebook ads?
To run an ad on Facebook, you need to have a Facebook Ad Manager account. The Facebook Ad Manager is a unified ad creation tool that helps you create and publish ads across Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and Audience Network. The ad creation consists of three levels:
- Campaign level: You need to select your ad objective and the goal for your campaign.
- Ad set level: You select the type of audience you want to target, choose the ad placement, set the budget and schedule.
- Ad levels: Here, you have to design your ad by selecting the ad format, upload images video, add text, links, and more.
Having added all the details about your ad campaign, objective, ad placement, and much more; you can ‘Publish’ your Facebook ad and make it live.
Facebook & Instagram Shopping got newer with Facebook Business Extension and other exciting features. Ease your selling process across Facebook commerce surfaces and leverage Facebook ads all from a single location.
What you should keep in mind while creating Facebook ads?
Businesses like you bank their trust on Facebook ads to get significant results. The ads are high-performing, affordable, and can significantly uplift your business results. But for this, you need to have a certain audience engagement, which ultimately generates tons of leads and conversions. So here are some best practices to make your Facebook ads more engaging:
- Get additional engagements on your posts and products by boosting your Facebook page.
- Retarget your right audience by filtering out the results based on location, price, and other demographics.
- Use Facebook insights to know more about your product reach, engagements, and customer actions.
- Increase your business awareness by promoting your business locally.
- Use Facebook video ads for higher conversions.
- Implement a CTA button to your ad to get instant leads to your products and get more visitors to your Facebook shop and website.
- Use multiple images in a carousel format.
Grow your business with Facebook ads
As an eCommerce retailer, you might have multiple marketing goals. Facebook ads offer you different solutions with objectives to fulfill your business goals. With that said, through ads, you can now easily reach your customers by promoting your products across Facebook surfaces and grow your reach effectively. Nevertheless, you can connect with Facebook partners and schedule a meeting with the experts to have a seamless selling experience across the platform.
The post Here’s Everything About Facebook Ads That You Should Know appeared first on CedCommerce Blog.